internet literature

Saturday, February 23, 2008

His Kidneys Were Small by Miles

Every night we’d smoke pot and drink beer until we were totally different. Sometimes we did this like five or six nights in a row, until smoking and drinking didn’t make us very different at all, just tired. Then, the only thing that made us any different from being tired was a few nights of sleep. Two days later we would be outside again smoking pot and drinking with our jackets on in the cold air.

Again, we did this a couple nights in a row. There were different people each night. Then, after three or four nights of this, my friend had only two beers, not enough to make him very different, different as usual, but he looked totally different. He said he felt totally different. I looked at my friend and said you don’t look very good. He said I don’t feel very good. My friend went to the hospital and the doctors told him his kidneys were different from what they should be. His kidneys were small.

We visited our friend in the hospital and the doctor came in the room. The doctor told him not to hang out with us anymore because we always drank and smoked. When they let him out of the hospital he had to be careful while he waited for different kidneys. Finally he got different kidneys. Now he treats his new kidneys differently by not drinking or smoking.

Our friend looks new. He works a lot. We don’t call him as much when we drink and smoke. We never call him when we drink and smoke. Most of the time, we frustrate him, breaking obligations, drinking and smoking while he can’t. He’d probably like to drink again. He is not the type of person to be very jealous. But I asked him if he cared about drinking and smoking anymore and he said he doesn’t.

This story is not about learning a moral lesson from a sad change. It is just what happened. To me he looks happy with different kidneys. So to find out what further happened I asked him by text message what things make him feel different. He said he was no longer talking to me. I asked why and he said because it was life’s destiny. I asked if he was talking to our other friend. He asked about what. I said about life’s destiny and also asked if I had done something wrong. Then he typed hahahahaha no and said he was just playing and also that he hasn't talked to our other friend about life’s destiny. And then I said that he probably shouldn’t because it would worry him. Then he typed damm that bad. Then I typed haha.

No comments: