internet literature

Friday, February 15, 2008

Chocolate Candy Hearts by Bryan Byrne

Crawling out from gutters and sewers from all around town.

The Locals gathered at Finnegans Bar and Grill on Valentines Day.

Why did I go? I don't know really. I knew I would hate it.

I knew It would be scummy, I was certain. Only the dregs of society would be out tonight.

The worst of the worst. Bottom of the barrell. They might have even hired a janitor to mop up the scum.

Walking in I heard the familiar cackle of a drunken wench choking on a Newport.

I put my head down and moved quickly trying not to look into her eyes.

I didn't want her to take a part of my soul.

Out dated rap blared as two over sized quasi-hookers grinded against a fat kid in the corner.

One of them had acne on the top of her fast food tits. I fucking saw it. It made my skin crawl.

They grabbed handfuls of room tempature nachos between each song, and shoved them in their mouths gleefully.

One of them even had dried up sour cream in the corner of her mouth.

The fat kid being grinded on didn't seem to mind.

Another drink barkeep!

Dollar fifty coors light, Jesus Christ what has my life come to?

A kid with a Linkin Park shirt is close talking to one of my friends, spitting in his face.

I see the saliva in mid air. Who the fuck is that kid? Linkin Park? Why God? Why?

Theres that blonde German whore, what the fuck does she think of this scum pit? Why does she come?

I need a cigarette. Can I bum one? I need to take a break from this place. Oh, you quit? Fuck man...

Hell on Earth.

No comments: