internet literature

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

In a NY moment, Everything can change - Eagles

 As of the past 5 months my TV has been unplugged. Not because I am above it or have better things to do, but because my TV is broad casted in a foreign language. 

Since then I have relied on the Internet for media. Its plenty. It is more focused. I can watch what I want to watch. I can learn what I'm curious about. I can evade arresting 30 second advertisements. 

The two Comedy Central shows of John Stewart and Stephen Colbert are the only main stream news shows worth watching.  'Fake News' is the comic guise for the truth. They are quite completely the court jesters of our increasingly medieval time. 

At 22 minutes of taped time I find myself cheering for the truth like a winning football team, and laughing at the same time.  Being sane in an insane world is just funny. 

Of course there are other sources for more broad topics. That requires a mole's nose.

The 'incredulous' voice of the people (internet) has so much garbage, none of it can possibly be true. CNN and FOX are the truth ministry. They're fair and balanced. If that is not fact you are a terrorist. Or even worse, a CONSPIRACY THEORIST.   

Express counter thoughts to national logic and instantly feel the hostility.  The burn from friends is just as good as the burn from Billy Blank's "Tae Bo" video set. Most people are bothered by anyone who is trying to distract them from their clothes and relationships with hard matters.  

But in response to my friend's face book post: 'What're you a political activist now?" 
I say  "I can think of worse things. Baaaa Baaa."

I'm not a political activist. I know one. She's now an expatriate, legally terrorized off the homeland with wiretaps and multiple arrests for organizing protests against Gov't policy.

I'm along with a million disaffected thinkers who still think free speech apply or mean something.                       

Sadly,  FEELING informed is only enough to make us feel good. Not enough for change. 

Recommended: Watch You Tube footage of the peaceful protests at the Dem. and Rep. conventions and the Homeland Security harassment that ensues. 

Recommended: Duke Ellington and red wine.