internet literature

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dream sequence 9/10/08

Hastily, I will try to recall my dream last night.

Where: I was back in Mui Ne, Vietnam, beach resort town. In a series of plywood houses, on the beach under construction.

Who: It was my girlfriend, I and many other white faces who I will call "investors" looking to buy these housing models. Also there was this dark prince, like the grim reaper, who had the power to kill you when you made the wrong 'move.'  There was also two life-less burlesque creatures under the control of a keyboard. 

What: I had pressed some buttons and the creatures started mouthing each other's bodies awkwardly. Wrong move, the dark prince vacantly blacked me out.  Some other chances came, at what, I'm not sure. But all around couples were checking out the prospects of these soon to-be finished houses. Smack on the beach. The waves were inches from the door steps, and there was only a couple inches of concrete above sea level. "They're gonna drown,  I said. All these houses will be ruined."  I didn't see the beauty of this place. 100 houses stacked on a beach with palm trees. But people were getting comfortable, couples laying in bunks in houses not half built. Some where, back in a house my girlfriend was dead. I was sad. The dark prince had got to her. We were all in the room, and the dark prince just looked at me. He was very frightening. He looked perhaps like a tall Eddy Munster. Real classic horror show vaudeville freak. The room looked more like a classroom now. There was a white-board on wheels behind me. With the Dark Prince's gesture, My girlfriend came from a back room sparkling clean from a shower and alive. I was simply shocked that she was alive, I gasped for breath, in tears I fell back into the board, where it carried me into the wall, and I slid down to the floor. The Dark Prince, had done this to me with his eyes. Just blew me back, sucked my air out. 

I was sitting there, known to be a fool and said to the room of people " So, I shouldn't have worried after all?" and the crowd promptly laughed, like I made a good joke. The Dark Prince showed us the door. 

1 comment:

miles ross said...

'Ali Baba and The Fourty Theives'