internet literature

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

WEB by B. Byrne

Caught in your web again.

Never to be set free.

Waiting for another dose of venom to be plunged into me.

But this time is different.

This time I see, all the other little flies who were just like me.

Lured in by your beauty, raveled up so quick.

Unaware of how long they would be there, or how much it would stick.

Oh pretty spider your games are so cruel.

Never hesitating to rip out the insides of the common fool.

You wait until you are hungry, for when the time is right.

To go for the big bugs, sink your fangs in and bite.

The venom is so lethal, it chills you to the bone.

Makes you envy those who are homeless and alone.

I've felt it before, but this time I will put up a fight.

I've just got to stop thinking about you tonight.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Wow. Very lyrical. Nicey Nice