internet literature

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Story, food, chapbook

I'm writing a short story. Started last weekend. When I finished the initial writing, it was 4751 words. It's currently 4373. I started writing it by recounting a hiking trip I took with a friend. I changed my friend's and my own names to Chet Atkins, or Chet, and Huddie Williams Ledbetter, or Leadbelly. This is to help make it fiction, also a copy 'technique' from Tao Lin's Haley Joel Osment and Dakota Fanning. The characters hike two high peaks of the Adirondacks. I enjoy working on it. I don't feel the story is fictional, yet. When I'm not near the story, I think 'the story has the same tinge of blurriness as all my 'writing'.' This thought is negative. After I force myself to work on it, or after I read a few sentences of the open file, I start changing little things and then, soon, I've combed through a few paragraphs and I feel 'better.'

I've been listening to Felice Brothers FRANKIE'S GUN, WONDERFUL LIFE; Lil Wayne, GO DJ; Cave Singers, HELEN, The Grateful Dead, BLACK PETER...and more I fail to list. I'm drinking Abita Raspberry Wheat Brew - during regular life and while working on the story and other writing things.

I ate some left over pasta five minutes ago, candy as I left work, 3 slices during work, salad with avocado when I got to work, RiceCrispie treat when I got to work, an apple on the way to work, and spinach after I took a shower when I woke up.

WORK SUCKED TODAY

I still want to create a print thing. I think it'd be fun.
No submissions so far, PATHETIC.

2 comments:

Michael said...

If you are to name a character Chet Atkins He has big shoes to fill.

ryan said...

victory in japan